Friday, August 2, 2013

MOTUC AT BIG LOTS

                 As I tirelessly remind anyone who reads this blog.  I'M A CHEAPSKATE.  Mostly out of responsibility and guilt, needing to spare luxuries sometimes to make the ends meet.  So what news caught this Tri-Clops' eye?

                  So I made my way to the Big Box discount store.  And LOADED UP!  MOTUC figures for $10 a piece.  Even the giant figures!

I got....

Orko/ Prince Adam
Megator
Icarius (Flipshot)
Count Marzo
Snout Spout.

I passed up on Faceless One (already have one), Molar/Skeletor (I have two Skeletors already and hate Molar.)

For $50.  YEAH.  AND it is TAX FREE WEEKEND!

This score seems exceptionally huge because of two things.  (1) At the MonsterCon, I bought a MOTUC Spikor for $40, reminding me of the huge aftermarket prices of these figures.  I TRIED to buy a FlipShot and a Marzo from someone, who backed out of the deal not wanting to take my debit card.  (Pleeeze.  This is the 1990's.  Duh!) (2) ToyGuru and Company are trying to get me to subscribe.  AND I wish I could.  But I can't commit.  Oh how I want a Modulok.  But I can't commit.  I just can't do it.  That is paying more than $500 for mostly sight unseen product.  And I buy a ton of Magic Cards and Comic books.  And these things are mostly for MY entertainment.  I have mentioned before that my boys don't really play with them.  (Well they are now, now that I scored a few figs, but the newness will soon wear off.)

I wished I could find some female characters.  No luck :(  Some folks on the internet say that they found Moss Man, King Grayskull, and Grizzlor.  I had no luck here either.

Lots of reviews on the way, including my first ever UNBOXING Reviews!

"Forever is a long time, Skeletor!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, oh Hub-City Geeks!