Saturday, December 14, 2013

Masters of the Universe Classics Unboxing and Review....Battleground Teela


I got Battleground Teela on the Cyber Monday sale for $10!  I had passed her up several times before, but the $10 price was Big Lots cheap enough for this SpartanNerd!

No question, I would rather have the redhead Teela.  But BG Teela isn't so bad.  She doesn't look much like Teela to me, because "my" Teela is the one from Filmation and virtually all other Masters of the Universe film.  But I had some of those comics in the early days that featured Teela as a blonde, and I enjoyed the modern story that had her blonde also.  (DC Comics Masters of the Universe mini-series)

This blonde Teela with metal bikini armor feels more generic, kind of like the Griffin and Vikor.  She could be any barbarian's girlfriend!
Of course she came in a box like this.

Here is what she looks like in box.
Here's the back.  Sorry about the blurry pic.  (I didn't know how bad it was...and the card is trashed now)

She came with this gun, but It just isn't my style for Teela.  I think I remember
Teela using a gun in the 1987 movie, and that is just about it.

But this sword is cool!

BG Teela makes a fine bride for Vikor!
Unfortunately, she always looks down when
her head is turned, because of her hair.

This is most unsightly.  If you waist twist her, she has this shelf.
This staff looks splendid in her hand!  It just feels right! 

I have some extra accessories for female figures.  They work nicely with BG Teela,
except for the snake mask. Oh how I wish that would fit  :(  (The hair again)
Here she is, properly armed.  I like this sword better than
the one that came with her.  I wish the shield were a different color.

Now for a classic pose!  BG Teela has the "2.0"
buck.  This means she can do this, but the redhead
wouldn't be able to do it.  She fits nicely behind the saddle in
the "BEEP" seat.
Removing Battle Cat's mask makes him look like a different character...
Give her both swords....Now this is fantasy!




What is my rating for Battleground Teela?  I'm afraid I can't give more than a 3\5.  The hair looks good, but I wish it didn't hinder her neck movement.  I also wish the snake mask would fit...Also, the whole love handle shelf thing when she twists her waist isn't good.

On the other hand, I like her...She is beautifully sculpted, and fits almost any fantasy situation, including MOTU.  I like sitting her on the back of Battle Cat, and I like her holding that staff.  I am proudly displaying her in my nerd closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, oh Hub-City Geeks!