Monday, January 20, 2014

SpartanNerd Unboxing and Review...VINTAGE ALERT! 200x Two Bad

SpartanNerd, you wanted a MOTUC Two-Bad.   Well.  Too bad!

So I will settle for the next best thing.  200x Two-Bad.

IMHO, the vintage 1980's Two-Bad was not very good.  I remember making him punch the opposite face all the time.  And that's about it.  He couldn't stand very well, because he was top heavy.  He couldn't hold weapons because his hands were permanent fists.  And his shield didn't fit on his arms correctly.  I did enjoy the power of punching with the spiny loaded arms and waist feature combined, however.  This was the strongest action feature in the original figures.

200x Two-Bad doesn't have any of those problems, and the action feature is also pretty cool.  So he is an advance in every way!

Here is Two-Bad in his original packaging.  Notice the price tag.
The dude at the Barnyard Fleamarket shaved a little off.

This back is different from Beast Man and He-Man.  We get a nice large pic of the figure.  It still has the annoying foreign languages all over the package.  They should have made a different card for the foreign languages, and gave people something else to collect, rather than this all-inclusive strategy.  I like the white outline around the figure.
I took this pic when I removed him from the packaging.  Impressive!
Two Bad has no problem standing.  The weapon is cool,
sporting a hinge between the two pieces.

No big button behind this figure.  His arms are spring loaded themselves.


Notice that the Baddra side of Two-Bad is the exact same color as Spikor!  In this pic you can see that Two-Bad is noticeably shorter than the MOTUC figures.  :(  Also, both heads seem a tad smaller than He-Man and Beast Man's heads.

Here is a shot of all of my baddies together.  The best thing about Two Bad is he helps fill my ranks a bit!


So, what is my rating of Two-Bad?  I like that he is an improvement on the 1980's figure in every way.  His arms are way better.  The Horsemen sculpted him, and he is very detailed.  He has excellent weapons.  He stands nicely.  The only point was taken off because of his slightly off scale build, which was probably done to save money on a fig that was fully tooled.

I rate 200x Two-Bad 4/5.  Do you agree?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, oh Hub-City Geeks!