Sunday, November 3, 2013

Figure Review...Sonic The Hedgehog Superpack by Jazwares

I have limited knowledge of Sonic and his universe...I have always been known as "THE Mario Master," and proudly announce to the world right now that I have beaten every Super Mario game up to Mario 64 WITHOUT WARPING!  (And I have beaten Super Mario Bros. 1 countless times without even dying once.  Take that, SEGA.)  Oh, and I beat Super Mario Bros. Wii by myself!  (Also with my sons on multiplayer)

Oh.  A Tangent.  Sorry!

Not that I am completely devoid of experience with Sonic.  I had the first Sonic games on iPod...And maybe I also have the free version on my iPhone today.  In the SpartanNerd household we have Sonic: The Black Knight and Sonic Colors on our Nintendo Wii.

So, because I am such a Sonic NOOB, SpartanSmurf #2 is going to help me with this review!

I am told that these three figures are the Super versions of Sonic, Silver, and Shadow.  And the Gems are called Chaos Gems.

When we picked this set up, we were not entirely clueless as to what we were getting.  SpartanSmurf #2 has a regular Sonic Figure, and I must say it is masterfully articulated.  These appeared to have the same joints and all as that figure.  And those are...

Swivel Ankles
Knee joints that swivel and bend
Hip joints that swivel and bend, certain ways.
Waist Swivel
The same joints on elbows and shoulders as on knees and hips.
Swivel Wrists
Head Swivel

SpartanSmurf #2 tells me that Sonic can even kick his own butt!

This is impressive, considering that they are figures in scale pretty much with  California Raisins!

I just wish they could move their heads up and down, and move their fingers.

The Chaos Gems are a nice touch.  SpartanSmurf #2 tells me that these are required for the character to transform into their Super Selves.  These are all translucent, and about the size of a super-ball, and shaped like a classic diamond.  I wish there was a stand or something that came with them to prop them up, because they must lay on their side.  I guess the person playing with the figures have to get creative!

Here are some pictures!  Today, SpartanSmurf #2 did all of the posing!  Enjoy!


This was what they looked like in package from Toys R Us

We get this artwork on the back of the box.  SpartanSmurf #2 did not see fit to keep it.

This is our favorite picture that we took of the set!

Sonic, the main character looks cool as he gathers the gems.

I was unaware of Silver the Hedgehog...He is apparently the Sonic of the future or something.
This is SpartanSmurf #2 's favorite.

And here is Shadow the Hedgehog.  All of these super hedgehogs remind me, the SpartanNerd of Super Sayans.  How about you, oh Hub City Geeks?


My Score...4/5.  The point was taken off because the head can't look up on either figure.  But other than that, perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, oh Hub-City Geeks!